GUIDE TO HOW TO FACTORY RESET YOUR ANDROID SMARTPHONE
Factory reset will erase all your data including photos, music, apps and almost everything like the way you had when you bought the device, the only restored data is the Google Account data you backup or sync like photos, files and documents from your Google Drive.
Is the phone slow?
Then deleting apps will be a better option rather than doing a factory reset, most apps like WhatsApp, Tinder, Hangouts are responsible for this, this happens when you have apps which use internet connection in the background this makes the phone slow.
If the problem persists, follow the instructions below to factory reset.
Important: You should back up your data before following the instructions below.
- Launch the Settings panel, located in the notification panel or for lower versions check your app drawer.
- Under “Personal,” touch Backup & reset.
- Under “Personal data,” touch Factory data reset.
- Now press Reset Phone now after reading those instructions.
- If you have applied for security than you have to verify it as per your security.
- When provoked, touch Erase everything to erase all data from your device’s internal storage.
- Now reboot your device.
You’ll have your phone now as you had for the first time, restore the backup and keep a watch on what apps you install.